Please come and join us.
To help you plan your day here are the timings of our events:
- 11.00 am - Log on
- 11.10am - Network in small groups in our "Reception Rooms"
- 11.20 am - Seminar starts + Q&A Session
- 11.45/11.50 am - "Virtual Table Time" - you will have the chance to chat with 5 or 6 other business owners or decision makers in a breakout room. A host will ensure that everyone has a chance to have their say before opening up into a general conversation.
- 12.45 pm - Close
A list of all our forthcoming events. Please click on the event for details of future Pre-lunch Seminars.
- December: Wednesday 2nd, Online
Time - 11.00am
Presenter - Alex Crow
Topic - Virtual Mind Reading Show
We have a very special guest at this event.
Instead of a conventional seminar you'll be treated to a Virtual Mindreading Show!
During the show you'll see Alex read and influence minds, duplicate unseen drawings, make incredible predictions and more.
It will be interactive
It will be mind boggling and fun
And it will certainly be different
Join us for our last event of the year and prepare to be amazed and astounded!
- January: Wednesday 20th, Online
Time - 11:00 am
Presenter - Will Kintish
Topic - Taking you from
Although the signs are positive and we'll hopefully be able to meet up again face to face in the not too distance future it seems that online networking is here to stay and we'll all need to get used to a blend of different networking opportunities so this seminar is one not to be missed.
- Explaining the basics of online networking
- Creating the right impressions through the camera
- Building relationships through rapport and reliability
- Conversations- Breaking the ice; Small talk; business questions
- How to follow up in a professional manner
Although it is a short session there will be time for group discussions and time for action and feedback
What outcomes should you expect?
- Understanding the real truth about networking
- Reinforce existing relationships and build new ones
- Get known by others
- Get others to know what you do
- Understand the power of LinkedIn
- Asking the right questions
- Following up in a professional and confident manner
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Will qualified as a chartered accountant in 1971 and was in general practice for the next 30 years.
At the start of the 21st century he changed his career and since then he has shown thousands in the, academic, professional and financial communities, internationally, how to become more effective and confident networkers. Networking is fundamental to one's success yet so many people fear this activity. Will shows you how to overcome all your fears and concerns when working the room, how to spot lots of potential opportunities and how to follow up in a professional manner.
Since March he has been training clients in the best use of networking through helping them "Work the Zoom" rather than "Work the Room"! He explains building relationships remotely, when done effectively, can be as successful as face-to-face.
He has been awarded the Professional Speaking Award of Excellence the highest accolade available in the speaking profession.
He is the published author of the best-selling book "Business Networking -The Survival Guide"
- February: Wednesday 10th, Online
Presenter - Yiannis Yianni - ActionCoach
- March: Wednesday 10th, TBC
- April: Wednesday 14th, TBC
- May: Wednesday 12th, TBC
- June: Wednesday 16th, TBC
- July: Wednesday 14th, TBC
- August: Wednesday 4th, TBC
- September: Tuesday 14th, TBC
- October: Wednesday 13th, TBC
- November: Wednesday 10th, TBC
- December: Wednesday 1st, TBC
Come and join us at
OUR NEXT EVENT
Wednesday 2nd December
What members and guests say
"Sharon runs a thoroughly professional outfit at The Business Network - but I don't mean professional as in stuffy, austere and pressured. Rather, it has been from the first an extremely welcoming environment where everyone's knowledge and expertise is respected and the emphasis is on quality relationships. As the meetings occur regularly (accompanied by some fine food and in some beautiful locations) we get to, in Sharon's words "know, like and trust" each other - surely a prerequisite for any sort of friendship or business relationship to blossom. I particularly like the way Sharon manages to make everyone feel included - always with half an eye on the room to make sure of this. If Carlsberg did hostesses...... It's lovely to talk business in such a convivial environment and we have already formed some valuable connections which will drive our business forward - almost all of these would not have occurred in the normal course of events so it's a definite win-win situation. Follow-up from Sharon is also excellent - it's clear she takes great pride in the service she provides. Thank you."
"Having run my own network club in Poole, I appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into running a monthly networking lunch. However, Sharon's dedication, organisational and hosting skills really make attending her monthly Business Network lunches a pleasure. Her professional approach ensures a great mix of decision makers, carefully considered table plans and interesting seminars and each lunch has a relaxed atmosphere. I can't recommend Sharon and Business Network South Herts enough if you are looking to network with like-minded professionals and 'do business'."